Can I install MS Office 2007 but still keep Office 2003 by installing to different directory?

jane2000

I have MS Office 2003. Can I install Office 2007 but still keep my Office 2003?

Is it required to have a memory of at least 2GB in order to run the Excel 2007? My current memory is 1.25GB, and upgradeable to 2GB.

Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I really appreciate your prompt response. The web site you referred is very helpful. I'll go and install the MS office 2007 according to the instruction.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hello, I am running XL 2007 on 512 MB of memory, and it runs fine.

I also had XL2003 when I upgraded to XL2007. I chose the custom installation and selected the option to retain previous versions. The only problem I encountered was when I opened an XL file that was created by the 2003 version, the 2003 version of XL opened up instead of the 2007 version. I wanted the 2007 version to open when I clicked on any XL file. If the XL file was created and saved by XL2007 version, then the 2007 version would open up.

That was the only problem I had with both versions installed at the same time. Once I became familiar with XL2007, I uninstalled the 2003 version.

Good luck.

--dave

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your sharing of your experience, which is very helpful. So no need to change the registry to install the 2007 version of Excel, as long as I don't want to open file created with 2003 in XL 2007.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back