Can I Pull Data Automatically from One Column to Another?

BRYCEPIETROWIAK

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I receive an excel file report that has a lot of information on it that ultimately needs to be reformatted into a different file. Is it possible to the original excel report that I get, paste it into a new Excel sheet on my file, then automatically have the information in the new Excel sheet on my file update in another sheet? See picture for example.

In other words, can I paste the report that I get in "Sheet A" and have "Sheet B" automatically update the columns shown? The column names are different in Sheet A than Sheet B, so I would need to find a way to tell Excel to take all the information for this sheet and this column and populate it into this new sheet in this column.

I do not want to have to manually copy and paste each column since it would be very time consuming.
1623789144752.png

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Yes, this is possible, but it would help if you show sample data for both sheets. When showing a sample, please use XL2BB so that anyone helping you doesn't have to try to recreate your data.
Is a VBA solution an option?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back