Can i pull text from a pivot table?

Malto

Can text be pulled from a pivot table like numerical data using the getpivotdata formula? If my data fields are Month, Days, and Amounts and my pivot table looks something like this:

Month Day Amount
January Monday 10
Tuesday 20
Wednesday 15

February Monday 20
Tuesday 20
Wednesday 10

Can i create a Getpivottable formula to pull the days listed under the month of January? Anyone have ideas?

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
pain to do from the pivot; probably easier to go back to the data & do it from there.

post back with more details about the source data, pivot construction & placement & what you need to do with the 'day' text once you've got it.

Upvote 0
There are tens of thousands of rows of source data which are compiled in the pivot table. In a given month there are thousands of units sold on different days to different vendors. I have set up spreadsheets with getpivotdata formulas to pull the amounts sold in a given month by either day or vendor. The problem is that the list of vendors keep growing, so in order get all the data on a summary sheet I need to type in any new vendors so the getpivotdata formula can pull summary data for that vendor. So I was hoping that I can just create a formula to pull all the vendors from the pivot table so that I wouldn't have to manually enter all the vendors.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back