Can I stop a SharePoint Sync message from appearing?

gboyd

Hi all,

I have tried searching and can not find the answer to my question so apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a spreadsheet which contains a list range that is synchronised with a SharePoint project.

Various users will make updates to the data in the list range but the option to synchronise with SharePoint is set fully to manual to avoid changes being published to SharePoint until they have been reviewed.

As pending changes are left on a daily basis, on opening the spreadsheet the user will receive the following pop up message: -

"This workbook contains one or more lists with changes that have not been synchronised with the server running Windows SharePoint Services. If you don't want to keep these changes, but you want to be able to edit these lists, you will have to discard the changes and refresh the list. Do you want to load the pending changes?"

The options given are the standard 'Yes', 'No' and 'Cancel'.

The 'Yes' button is highlighted by default.

What I want to do is add some code that runs on opening of the spreadsheet that will stop this message from appearing. Furthermore the 'Yes' button will be automatically selected removing the option from the user to press 'No'.

I've tried adding a declaration on workbook_open with the simple 'Application.DisplayAlerts = False' but this has not helped.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Given the traffic on this forum my post from just 24 hours ago is already on page 20 so trying a little 'bump' just incase anyone that can help missed this yesterday.

Thanks all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back