Can i take an entire row from one sheet and it will automatically input on another

holloway79

Need help on this! I can give a cell a name in the name box on sheet #1 and go into sheet #2 and do an =nameofthatcell and it will work. I'm wanting to find a way to copy an entire row or part of a row to the other sheet without doing one cell at a time. Can I name a row or 2 or more cell and put that name in sheet 2?

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

PA HS Teacher

If I understand you correctly, you do not need (in fact it is probably more difficult) to use a named range.

In A1 of Sheet 2 enter:
=Sheet1!A1

Copy A1 of Sheet 2 and paste where desired. The relative reference will change accordingly.

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
Note, you can also just do a straight copy off of sheet 1, then hop over to sheet 2 and do a Paste Special and pick Paste Links.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyH_NHSBI

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...