Can I use Autofilter WITH Advanced Filter? Also, Advanced Filter won't filter "<>0"

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys, got a double whammy here.

I'm using AutoFilter to chop down a 300,000 line database to the relevant fields - bought within a timeframe, are eligible to be mailed, etc.

I also want to use Advanced Filter to filter through six different product columns so that one filter doesn't exclude the other - so if a customer has bought a "N" product, or a "P" product, they aren't filtered out, whereas if I used regular autofilter they would have had to have bought "N" AND "P".

The problem here is that if I use one type of filter, it removes the other, whereas just using Autofilter results in additive filtering which is useful for chopping down a list of clients.

Also I'm having an issue with my advanced filter. I figured if there's no way to make advanced & autofilters play nice, then I can write out the criteria and apply the big filter that way, using it for both "OR" & "AND" operations.

No matter what, I can't get the following critieria to apply:

Landmail_Optin
<>0

The column header is definitely correct and <>0 should be a legal operation. If I use a regular filter and select "Does not contain" and then write "0" - it produces the same result. I need to find 1's and blanks.

Cheers!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
To be fair it's been a long day. Big project and lots of thoughts swimming around my head.

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0
No problem.
I'm in Sydney Australia and it's 12:40 am here so I am definitely signing off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back