Can more than one freelancer work on an Excel project at once?

mljohn

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Occasionally I hire someone from Upwork to work on a complex Excel project but I am finding that it takes too long.

I use Trello.com to organize the project into steps. Is it possible and if so then how can I use more than one freelancer to work on a project at once to get the work done faster?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Assuming you ;mean developing formulas, codes, etc.

If you have more than one person working on an Excel project, you would need a coordinator to ensure that the different portions will merge (interface) seamlessly as the individual portions are completed. You would need some guidelines established to ensure the same type of code is used, eg. VBA, VBScript or C+, etc, if coding is required. Also , expect a difference in coding style between the different coders.. The coordinator would have to determine how to manage the interfaces for public variables and constants. Basically, you would need database management which does not come cheap. But in simple terms, the interfacing of the work by separate coders is the primary problem with multiple workers on one Excel project.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back