Can not copy and paste

shrive22

Board Regular
I have excel 2003 and can copy and paste within the same workbook, but if I try to copy and past between accross to workbooks it does not allow me to. When I copy something I can see it goto the clipboard but then when I am in the second workbook the options for paste are greyed out. If I open up the Office clip board I can see the items in it and can click on it to paste the items in other workbooks, But I do not know why I can not copy Ctrl-C and paste Ctrl-V. I also can not copy the entire workbook. Does anyone have any ideas on this??

thanks

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Go to the Tools menu and select Protection... it will tell you if it can be unprotected - in that case unprotect it... if it says "Protect Sheet" then it is not protected.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what else it could be, but if it is still giving you a problem email it to me if it is not sensitive data and I will take a look.

Upvote 0
Yes they are both open. What I do is just copy either something or the entire workbook then switch over to the other one and try to paste but its all greyed out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back