Can not remove calculated field??

bweisman12

Hello,
When I try and remove a calculated item that somehow (user error) got added to my sheet, the following error pops up:

"The pivot table field name is not valid. To create a pivottable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns."

Help?

Thanks!

-Ben

bweisman12

Note that i am trying to remove a calculated ITEM, not a calculated FIELD as the thread title suggests.

Twollaston

Board Regular
Hello,
When I try and remove a calculated item that somehow (user error) got added to my sheet, the following error pops up:

"The pivot table field name is not valid. To create a pivottable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns."

Help?

Thanks!

-Ben
Go to your pivot table fields on the far right of the screen, and drag the calculated field out of the values section

Twollaston

Board Regular
Note that i am trying to remove a calculated ITEM, not a calculated FIELD as the thread title suggests.
In that case, select the item you calculated(click the row lablel for your calculated item), and go to pivot table tools -> options -> Fields, Items & Sets -> Calculated Item -> Choose your item from the drop down -> Choose delete

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CleverHopper

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics