Can not remove calculated field??

bweisman12

Hello,
When I try and remove a calculated item that somehow (user error) got added to my sheet, the following error pops up:

"The pivot table field name is not valid. To create a pivottable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns."

Help?

Thanks!

-Ben

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hello,
When I try and remove a calculated item that somehow (user error) got added to my sheet, the following error pops up:

"The pivot table field name is not valid. To create a pivottable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns."

Help?

Thanks!

-Ben

Go to your pivot table fields on the far right of the screen, and drag the calculated field out of the values section

Upvote 0
Note that i am trying to remove a calculated ITEM, not a calculated FIELD as the thread title suggests.

In that case, select the item you calculated(click the row lablel for your calculated item), and go to pivot table tools -> options -> Fields, Items & Sets -> Calculated Item -> Choose your item from the drop down -> Choose delete

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back