Can PowerBI refresh the PowerQuery on my Excel data

mrchonginhk

I have PowerBI connected to Excel data source (ie not imported but "linked").
This Excel (either can be on OneDrive business or desktop) contains a powerquery to do data transformation.

The data in Excel data itself is stored in "Data" tab that resides within this Excel and does not further get data externally.

The PowerBI get data from another tab which is a "Result" table of the powerquery in this Excel.

From time to time system would make changes to "Data" tab. There is a need to refresh the Excel's powerquery to update "Result".

My challenge here is, is it possible the PowerBI (desktop or web BI Service) to refresh the Excel's powerquery & the Result table and sync new result into Power BI ?
How ? Please help. Thanks.

And if PowerBI cannot do this, is there any way to refresh Excel powerquery for Power BI's consumption ?
I know moving Powerquery into PowerBI is one way, but if possible due to business nature we wish not to do so ...

Pls help.. thanks all...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismi88

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...