Can someone help fininsh a VBA / Excel database

pontiac

Board Regular
Alot of the front end work is done, The userform is to the point of just writing some VBA to shift the data entered on the userform to the database.
There is a reward for this help. I have to have this fininshed before the first of 2006..

Please someone help..

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
pontiac said:
Alot of the front end work is done, The userform is to the point of just writing some VBA to shift the data entered on the userform to the database.
There is a reward for this help. I have to have this fininshed before the first of 2006..

Please someone help..

What do you mean by Excel database.

If you simply want to import the contents of the userform to a different Excel workbook, then one method is to save the contents of the userform to a text file, then import the text file.

There are other ways, such as writing to the other workbook itself, but each can have various drawbacks.

Or do you mean sending the contents of the userform to a database such as Access, etc.?

Perry

Upvote 0
If the userform is not yet coded to deliver the data anywhere, the much of the work is not yet done.

As above, it would be useful to know where the data from the form needs to be told to go...

If it is excel...pretty simple...

If it is Access..little harder, but not bad..

Export to text file? not to hard either...

Upvote 0
Gibbs said:
If the userform is not yet coded to deliver the data anywhere, the much of the work is not yet done.

As above, it would be useful to know where the data from the form needs to be told to go...

If it is excel...pretty simple...

If it is Access..little harder, but not bad..

Export to text file? not to hard either...

Not much info from what I see. I figure some of the criteria needs to be mentioned. For example if exported to Excel directory, will the Excel workbook have any chance of being opened by another user other then the one running the userform?

If exported to a text file, which is the method I used, basically the same question, will more then one user attempt to have the same text file open at the same time, including the user who is importing it? If so this can be managed but needs to be considered. In my case I keep the file to be written to as small as possible and only opened when being written to.

If there is a good likelyhood that more then one order is going to be sent close enough together to cause a conflict when the text file is open then some method should be provided to test for the opened file and make a save attempt when it again becomes available for use. Multiple text files could be used, but some method needs to be considered for naming.

When importing to Excel using my system, that text file is first copied, then the original killed if not in use and the copy is imported. Once the import is done and combined on a master sheet with all the other orders, then the whole sheet is saved to a file at frequent intervals for later initialization purposes.

By exporting to database then some if not all of these concerns go away.

So what needs to be stated is what is available, under what circumstances.

Perry

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back