Can someone help?

krhorner

This task is overwhelming my day. I have tried formulas but am still not having luck with some of the formatting that has been suggested here because it is over my head. I can email the workbook so that it can be seen and tinkered with.

I must keep a running tab of the length of time for admission to the floor from an outpatient setting to an inpatient setting and break that down into the varied floors and/or units. Then I must compile those that fall into categories of <60 minutes, 61-120 minutes, >120 minutes.

If I could get the entries in columns C and D to be entered without the colon it would speed things up immensely. The problem is, that Column E does not recognize the format in the two preceeding columns as time if I try to change the current time format. Column E is "elapsed time from C to D" in MINUTES.

I also have a problem with columns O,P,Q. I cannot figure out how to get P to populate. O and Q seem to be working. I have been having to manually read and fill in the cells if the times fall in the 61-120 category.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
This task is overwhelming my day. I have tried formulas but am still not having luck with some of the formatting that has been suggested here because it is over my head. I can email the workbook so that it can be seen and tinkered with.

I must keep a running tab of the length of time for admission to the floor from an outpatient setting to an inpatient setting and break that down into the varied floors and/or units. Then I must compile those that fall into categories of <60 minutes, 61-120 minutes, >120 minutes.

If I could get the entries in columns C and D to be entered without the colon it would speed things up immensely. The problem is, that Column E does not recognize the format in the two preceeding columns as time if I try to change the current time format. Column E is "elapsed time from C to D" in MINUTES.

I also have a problem with columns O,P,Q. I cannot figure out how to get P to populate. O and Q seem to be working. I have been having to manually read and fill in the cells if the times fall in the 61-120 category.
Maybe you can implement this procedure for "quick time entry":

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Then you can do your calculations on normal time values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back