can someone make an excel spreadsheet for martingale ?

you dont need a spreadsheet bet 1 lose bet 2 lose bet 4 lose bet 8 lose etc

better to wait for 10 reds then bet on black if 3 more reds you lose 7 and stop
if you win on bet 1 or 2 or 3 you are plus 1
hope you do this 8 times before you lose 7
but don't waste your time

start your own pick numbers game, give 30% to charity (thus getting a proper licence)
40% to jackpot build up, 10% for 5 numbers, 5% for 4 numbers, 5% for 3 numbers
YOU MAKE 10% OF EVERYTHING STAKED LESS TAX AND LICENSE FEE

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi oldbrewer, actually, I dont even have the martingale method in my mind! Im actually treating this spreadsheet as a TARGET PROFIT spreadsheet which includes recovering the previous lost bet(s).

Throw martingale out the window, ive managed to tweek it up for regular betting but am lost dumbfounded as to why it wont allow the commission to be taken into it.

I was about to start a new thread until you replied and I was wanting to somehow get through to you, and its a blessing you are here to reply as long ago I bumped into your replies in this thread, and then I decided to use your sheet for something totally different. And here we are. Great coincidence. No martingale method in sight champ, only target profit + recovery with commission included. (Commission doesnt work though).

As for roulette, what a joke.

Upvote 0
The instructions (or rather the issue) is explained in the file. But as you can see when you open it up, the calculations when adding a commission rate is different to that if you were to work it out on a calculator. What is the reason for this being wrong?

I am not bothering to try to understand your calculations. But you seem to have at least several mistakes.

1. Your calculator inputs are rounded to 2 decimal places, but your Excel values are not.

You can see this by temporarily changing the formats to display at least 15 significant digits (13 decimal places, based on your smallest non-zero value).

Alternatively, you can enter formulas of the form =A1&"" in parallel columns. For example:

Select or hover the cursor over the cell to see the formula.

The comparable rounded calculations are:
E5: =IF(C5="","",ROUND(B5+D5,2))
F5: =IF(C5="","",ROUND(E5*($L$2+1)/(C5-1),2))
J5: =IF(C5="","",IF(I5<>0,ROUND(I5+J4,2),0))
K5: =ROUND(H5-I5+K4,2)

The most important rounding is in column F. The rounding in columns E, J and K are prudent in order to avoid anomalies of internal binary floating-point arithmetic.

2. You use 291.38 (D5) in your calculator computations, but I you use 391.38 (E5) in your Excel calculations (F5, H5).

I cannot say which is wrong because, again, I am not bothering to understand your calculations.

3. Your Excel calculations do not match your calculator computations.

Again, I cannot say which is right.

You describe your calculator computations as:
THE REAL MATHS ON A CALCULATOR = 10 X 45.66 -291.38 - 45.66 = 119.56 - 5%
AND THAT GIVES ME = 113.58 ON THE CALCULATOR WHEREAS ON THE SPREADSHEET IT SAYS 100.00 (K5)

Note that 113.58 = 119.56*(1 - 5%), rounded.

The calculator computations corresponds to an Excel formula of the form:
(10*F5 + K4 - F5) * (1 - 5%)

But your computation in K5 is effectively (substituting comparable terms):
B5+10 - F5(?) + K4

Note: You actually have zero in place of -F5, because I5 is effectively IF(G5="L",F5,0). I wonder if that should be G5="W".

In any case, note that there is nothing resembling 10*F5; and B5+10 is 391.38, not 456.60.

And more to the point, K5 does not multiply by 1-5%, as your calculator computations do.

Upvote 0
ERRATA (the forum does not allow new users to edit postings, even within 10 min!?)....

2. You use 291.38 (D5) in your calculator computations, but I you use 391.38 (E5) in your Excel calculations (F5, H5).

That is misguided. I had intended to remove the comment when I finally delved into your calculations a little and I realized the source of 291.38 (K4).

Upvote 0
Thanking you for taking the time out to help curiouscat408. Both formulas seem to work the same. Ive changed to yours but the issue here it is still lacking that 5% amount I have to take out when I win, in other words, when I put W in column G, it still does not take into consideration L2 properly.

Maybe I should have explained better on how betting works.

Betting works on multiplying the odds (a) x your bet amount (b) = TOTAL (c) then you have to minus - your bet amount (b) because you get the bet amount back and what you have left is your winnings.

1st BET LOST so I put an L = so im down $210 and the formula calculated how much I needed to get to TARGET A1 including the 5% commission which is L2.
2nd BET LOST so I put an L = so now im down $81.38 + bet1 of $210 = total amount down = $291.38
3rd BET WON so I put an W = and the formula calculates how much I had to bet in F5 to reach my TARGET (A3) including how much money I had to recover J4 which were a combination of bet 1 and 2, so J4 = $291.38 (money I have to recover).

So the last line of betting wins. $10 odds x $45.66 bet amount = $456.60 - the bet amount back ($45.66) - money that needed to be recovered ($291.38) = $119.56. Now that is correct. FINALLY THOUGH, im trying take out the 5% commission. So $119.56 - 5% = $113.582.

The calculator shows it to be correct.

However, something on the sheet is slightly wrong *OR* the sheet works great but is slightly off because that CANNOT BE HELPED due to all the decimal places.

But ive realised this upon further studying, that the bet amounts calculated on a calculator are a bit off compared to the spreadsheet.
BET 1 should actually show = $210.53 (or close to) with minus - 5% = $100.00175 if that loses ->
BET 2 should actually show = $78.95 (or close to) - bet1 $210.53 with minus - 5 % = $100.0065 if that loses ->
BET 3 should actually show = $43.86 (or close to) - bets 1 & 2 $289.48 with minus - 5 % = $99.997

Ive added your formulas instead of the previous formulas.

Remember folks, im only going along with what oldbrewer provided in the earlier posts on pages 2 & 3, this sheet is great. Thanks oldbrewer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back