Can this be done? Formula based counts across multiple rows, matching a unique ID and different record types.

Satele

I am looking for some help with a formula. On my 'data' sheet, I have data in the format below:

Code:
A         B                 C                  D                  E               F                G           
UID     RecordType      HCode     AdmittedDate   Forename   Surname    ReviewDate
87962 STAsses            STIV1     01/07/2012      Mark          Jones         09/12/2012
89658 Transfer        GLSI2     01/01/2012     Alison     Aitken                    Female                 08/07/2013 4 
87962 Discharge       STIV1                    Mark       Jones      20/07/2012     Male               08/07/20135 
89654 STAsses         STGE1     01/01/2012     Andrew     Macbeth                   Male   08/07/2012  6 
89867 Transfer        KIND1     01/01/2012     George     Deas                      Male               08/07/2013 7 
87962 Transfer        STIV1                    Mark       Jones      14/07/2012     Male               04/03/2013 8 
89654 Transfer        STGE1     01/01/2012     Andrew     Macbeth                   Male               12/08/2012

On my 'report' sheet, I have the following table set up:

B C D E F4 HospCode RecordType 0-2 Weeks 2-4 Weeks 4-6 Weeks5 STIV1 Transfers6 Discharges7 8On my 'report' sheet, I'm looking to count the number of the number of 'transfers' and 'discharges' (as specified in column b of the 'data' sheet) occurring within the time frames in columns D, E, F etc.
In summary, what I'm looking for in cell D5 is to count the number of 'transfers' (as specified in column b of 'data' sheet) for hospcode 'STIV1', occurring within 0-2 weeks of the corresponding 'STAsses' record (which is also specified in column b). D6 would be the same, only the number of 'discharge' records occurring within the specified time frame.
I don't know where to start with this, or if it's possible to do. Each person will have at least have an STAsses record but not always a 'Transfer' or 'Discharge' record. The 'UID' is the same for each person, so this could be used to match 'STAsses' entries with 'Transfer' and 'Discharge' entries.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
So, I messed up putting my data in the correct format and can't edit - can a mod please allow me to edit this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back