Can VBA detect if existing row groupings are selected

kevanr

Hi
I use row groupings extensively (2 levels only). I also have hidden rows which will always reappear if row level 2 is clicked on.

To overcome this, I store the row numbers that I want permanently hidden (I do not want to delete them) in a table and I have a macro that will re-hide those rows stored in the table.

I would like to automatically run the macro every time after the row selection is expanded so that they get re-hidden. Perhaps as a worksheet change event but not for every change, only when the rows are expanded

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Instead of any macros, maybe try making another grouping level for the hidden rows.

Upvote 0
Instead of any macros, maybe try making another grouping level for the hidden rows.
Thanks footoo for your suggestion

I have many users that use the model and they all have different hidden rows to suit their particular view.
That's why I maintain a table to record the rows they want to hide on different sheets and my ideal solution would be that on any particular sheet, if they click to expand the rows and their rows that were hidden reappear then unnoticeable to them, the macro would be automatically executed and their rows would once again be hidden.

That's why I was thinking on a worksheet change event but ONLY if outline rows were expanded

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back