Can you run a live pivot table during a powerpoint presentation?

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi everyone. I got tapped to give a presentation to some folks who sign the checks in the company. I have all the data in excel. I’ve googled and I can embed or link the pivot table and chart. I can activate/manipulate it while editing in powerpoint. But, what I want to do is be able to expand and contract the excel components during the formal presentation. These are some smart folks who are not going to let just static graphics stand. And, I don’t want to stop it so I can open the editor and update it to answer questions. I’ve found lots of google and youtube advice on how to get into PP but not much on doing presentations or specifically how to manipulate the data during a presentation. I sure hope that made sense. Anyone know of a source where I can learn this or is it a lost cause?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Yes, it is possible to run a live pivot table during a PowerPoint presentation. This can be done by connecting the pivot table to a data source, such as an Excel spreadsheet, and then linking the pivot table to the PowerPoint slide. The data in the pivot table will update in real-time as the data source is updated, allowing the presenter to make changes to the pivot table during the presentation. It's also possible to use Microsoft Power BI to create a live pivot table and embed it into PowerPoint slide and if you have Office365 subscription, you can use the PowerPivot and PowerQuery Add-ons to create a PivotTable within PowerPoint.
Here are a few tips to help you interact with the pivot table and chart during your presentation:

1. Use the "Slide Show" view in PowerPoint to present your slides. This will allow you to interact with the pivot table and chart directly on the slide.
  2. Use the "Selection Pane" to organize your slide objects and make it easy to select the pivot table and chart during the presentation.
  3. Use the "Contextual Tabs" to access the pivot table and chart tools and make changes to the data during the presentation.
  4. Use the "Filter" and "Sort" buttons on the pivot table to change the data that is displayed, and the "Chart Tools" to make changes to the chart.

Upvote 1
Solution
Yes, it is possible to run a live pivot table during a PowerPoint presentation. This can be done by connecting the pivot table to a data source, such as an Excel spreadsheet, and then linking the pivot table to the PowerPoint slide. The data in the pivot table will update in real-time as the data source is updated, allowing the presenter to make changes to the pivot table during the presentation. It's also possible to use Microsoft Power BI to create a live pivot table and embed it into PowerPoint slide and if you have Office365 subscription, you can use the PowerPivot and PowerQuery Add-ons to create a PivotTable within PowerPoint.
Here are a few tips to help you interact with the pivot table and chart during your presentation:

1. Use the "Slide Show" view in PowerPoint to present your slides. This will allow you to interact with the pivot table and chart directly on the slide.
  2. Use the "Selection Pane" to organize your slide objects and make it easy to select the pivot table and chart during the presentation.
  3. Use the "Contextual Tabs" to access the pivot table and chart tools and make changes to the data during the presentation.
  4. Use the "Filter" and "Sort" buttons on the pivot table to change the data that is displayed, and the "Chart Tools" to make changes to the chart.
Thank You! I am going to try hard to get it all working tomorrow and your tips are the top of the list of things to do. If I recall I embeded the pivot table and charts. So I will remove and re-do by linking instead. We are on 365. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back