Can you use SUMIFS but with MATCH with multiple criteria to find the SUM column?

Jodie3

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Folks,

I basically have some Sales Forecast data by month spanning over a couple of years with 3 sections, Volume, Value, Cost. I'm trying to put some checks in place to ensure the data they are inputting is logical, IE If there is a Sales Volume then there needs to be a corresponding Sales Value and Cost of Sales Value etc.

My initial thought was to use SUMIFS to bring back any Salve Value/ COS where the Volume was 0 or indeed blank. This is a good enough check but I wanted to make the formula dynamic so it finds the relevant SUM Range and corresponding Criteria Range depending on what Month I denote in another cell. The biggest issue i have is that the header title (month) isn't unique because it's essentially a sub heading (Volume) that spans across the 12 columns for the year in the Row above.

I have tried googling for hours but clearly other companies employ people who understand what a sales forecast should like lol Has anybody got any Ideas? I've Uploaded my mini test version image, the formula I'm trying to play with in Cell Q6 is =MATCH("Val"&O2,C4:M4&C5:M5,0).

Jodie

Attachments

• Sales Data Test Sample.JPG
    Sales Data Test Sample.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 31

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
How about
Excel Formula:
=SUM(FILTER(FILTER(G6:M100,(G4:M4<>"Vol")*(G5:M5=O2)),FILTER(C6:E100,(C4:E4="Vol")*(C5:E5=O2))=0))

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back