Cannont find Project or Library

KristinaT

I have an intermittent problem going on - we have several files with macros that are saved with the worksheets that worked perfectly for over a year and then I got a new computer. The IT guys swear the version, Excel 2013, is the same but now I am getting intermittently an error that it cannot find the Project or Library and it basically shuts the file down. Weird thing is I can open the same file in Excel 2016 with no error and then resave the file and then be able to reopen again in Excel 2013. It will work for a period of time in 2013 and then the error will come back. There will be nothing preceding the error - no changes to the macros, I will just randomly try to open the file and it will pop up. There isn't anything challenging in the code basically copy data, set values, some minor calculations that are ran through form controls. I also have a macro that locks/unlocks all of the sheets applying a password but no specific calls to any references. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Next time you get the error goto Tools>References in the VBE.

Are there any entries in the list marked as MISSING?

If there are note their name(s), uncheck them and then save and close the workbook.

Re-open the workbook and see if you still have the same problem.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately excel won't let me see the references once the error happens. I was thinking something was corrupted until I was able to open the same file in 2016 and it works perfectly and can save in 2016 and then open and use in 2103. I am not 100% sure but I think it may be picking up a reference to Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library when I open in 2016. I see that one checked in files that are opened with 2016 and not in the other files and I don't see it in the list in 2013 to even select it.

Upvote 0
If the files are shutting down before you get a chance to do/check anything then I'm not sure there's much you can to.

Perhaps you could try opening them from within Excel with events disabled.

That would stop any code executing and hopefully give you a chance to check things out.

As for the Forms 2.0 reference being a problem, that's pretty unlikely as it's been around forever.

Mind you that does kind of indicate that userforms are in use and it could be that a control that is no longer available has been added to a form at some point.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back