Cannot access this Excel File

WESTERNWALL

Board Regular
Hi Folks

Below is an explanation why I cannot access the file called "rangesel.xls. When I had Excel 2003 I had no problem accesing the file. Now I have Excel 2010 this problem arises. Can anyone help me access the file? All I need is to copy the VB code of all the Macros to a Word document and use them from there.

Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error038960_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'H:\rangesel.xls'</summary>-<additionalInfo><info>This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.</info></additionalInfo></recoveryLog>

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
If it is the same with all files with macro's then its possible that you didn't activate VBA when you installed office try the steps below.

1. Close Excel if it is open.
2. In the Windows Control Panel choose Programs and Features.
3. Select Microsoft Office in the list and click on the Change button.
4. Choose "add or remove features"
5. Select "Visual Basic for Applications" in the "Office Shared Features" list and set it to "Run from My Computer". Then click on the continue button.

Upvote 0
If it is the same with all files with macro's then its possible that you didn't activate VBA when you installed office try the steps below.

5. Select "Visual Basic for Applications" in the "Office Shared Features" list and set it to "Run from My Computer". Then click on the continue button.

Tx for your quick reply. I tried it and it does not work. Funny that I have many Excel files with Macros that I open without any problem. Just this one gives me a lot of grief. Any other ideas?

Tx

Upvote 0

Mark858

I hope you will rad this.

I must apologise to you. I crossed the line and overstepped my mark. After receiving your assistance and having replied to you that the solution did not work, I opened a thread in another forum. I got kicked in the proverbial backside by a Moderator from the other forum , mate, and I apologise for my actions. The last thing I want you to feel is that you are wasting your time.

It was selfish of me and, once again, I apologise.

Tx

Upvote 0
Hi, WESTERNWALL,

I guess that´s what Mr. Walkenbach intended: not everyone to have a glimpse at his code. Did you look at Spreadsheet Page Excel Tips: Working With Variable-Size Ranges ?

Ciao,
Holger

OMG! I feel like a prized ***. My sincere apologies. What rule have I broken now and I am not being sarcastic? That is exactly what I have been looking for since I installed my Excel 2010. How can I show my thanks and my apologies?

Now I know where John fits in. Does that mean I get axed from this forum?

Tx

Upvote 0
Hi, WESTERNWALL,

no, why should you? As all of the code is to be found on the linked website I must apologize for what I said - the workbook should be open-source, and that I´m not able to get into the project won´t mean any harm to Mr. Walkenbach.

Ciao,
Holger

Upvote 0
Hi, WESTERNWALL,

I guess that´s what Mr. Walkenbach intended: not everyone to have a glimpse at his code. Did you look at

Ciao,
Holger

...and I need a good kick for not recognizing that it was a JW file (might have to open the old books again, haven't looked at them for a while)
Mark858
I hope you will rad this.
I must apologise to you
Read and accepted
Does that mean I get axed from this forum?
Probably not but I would suggest reading forum rules and guidelines on all forums you go on, it will save you some grief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back