Cannot copy/paste data from one response to another.

mumps

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I really like the new format. One problem I am having is that I can't seem to copy text from one response to a thread and paste it in another. I know that a copied text can be copied and inserted in anther response but it does this as a quote. Sometimes there is a need to do a simple copy paste. Is it possible? Also, I was a little disappointed that the policy of not allowing file attachments wasn't changed. It would save a lot of time going back and forth trying to gather more needed information from a member. Will this be a possibility in the future?

One problem I am having is that I can't seem to copy text from one response to a thread and paste it in another

I have no problem copy/pasting text as shown above, I just selected the text then Ctrl C, put the cursor in the reply box & Ctrl V.

As for allowing upload of files, I have not heard of any potential change in that policy.
There is a new add-in called XL2BB which enables members to include copyable data in their posts & that is what we would prefer members to use or recommend, rather than uploading files to share sites.
The add-in can be found here XL2BB

Thank you for the add-in information. :)
I just tried copy/pasting using Ctrl C/ Ctrl V and it doesn't work for me. This is what I have been trying all along. :(

Not sure why that doesn't work for you, what browser are you using?
A clunky workround, would be to select the text, then click the reply button that comes up & then delete the parts in red

[ QUOTE="Fluff, post: 5379550, member: 289073"]
As for allowing upload of files, I have not heard of any potential change in that policy.
There is a new add-in called XL2BB which enable
[ /QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay. My wife has me doing some painting. I'm using Microsoft Edge and I think that Edge is also giving me another problem with I had posted earlier at this link:

My wife has me doing some painting ?

Ctrl C, V works for me with edge.
And I can happily copy the table you mentioned in the other thread, without any problems.
So it may have something to do with the settings in Edge.

Would you have any idea of which settings could cause the problem. I'm wondering if the two problems are related and controlled by the same setting.

Unfortunately I don't, I use FireFox rather than Edge.

@mumps - Can you actually select the text but only Ctrl + C / Ctrl + V doesn't work?
Or it doesn't even let you select the text on the web page?

If second is the case, then could you please try turning on and off Caret Browsing (mode for clicking somewhere in the text on a web page and using arrows to select text without mouse - I just learned it)? You can use F7 to toggle between on / off.
I was playing with it to reproduce the same behavior and I figured that sometime it stuck between F7 toggles, and it doesn't let me select the text. Then it turns back to normal after next F7.

@ Fluff
Thank you for your advice. :)
@smozgur
I can select it but it won't copy/paste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back