Cannot delete a command button from a worksheet - Even in Design Mode

Robert_Conklin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have place a command button on a worksheet to run a macro, but when I click the button it says that it cannot find the macro. I wanted to delete everything and start again, but when I enter Design Mode on the Control Toolbar I cannot select the button, move it, or anything. Any advice would be great!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
That has occurred here from time to time. The only solution I've found is to shut the computer off, let it set for a minute or so, then restart. Usually clears things up.

Upvote 0
I came into work this morning and booted my computer up, and the same problem exists. When in design mode, I am able to select the for and this is what is said in the formula bar "=EMBED("Forms.Label.1","")" Could it be that it is embedded is what is causing the problem?

Upvote 0
Does the command button show in the Selection pane ?
(Home ribbon, Editing section, Find & Select, Selection pane)

Upvote 0
No, I cannot select the command button at all. Not even in design mode. If I left click it, it tries to run the macro, if I right click on it nothing happens. When I select the label the item in the formula bar (shown above) is displayed. These items are in a block of merged cells, and now I can't un-merge them either.

Upvote 0
Put Excel in design mode. press F5, Special, Objects. Does it select anything? If this is the only button there, simply hit Del (it will remove all objects!!).

Upvote 0
No, It is a normal spreadsheet, but above my column headers I put a label and command button to use as a search tool. The macro is not running correctly, and the button is not in the correct place, but I cannot move, select, or delete the button to correct it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back