Cannot figure out what I am doing wrong

BokiB

Hey,

I have this formula and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong:

=IF(AND(E3="Australia";I3="Canada");'Exchange rates'!E2); IF(AND(E3="Australia";I3="New Caledonia");'Exchange rates'!M2))

Am I missing a bracket somewhere, or something else I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

xld

Banned
Try

=IF(AND(E3="Australia";I3="Canada");'Exchange rates'!E2;IF(AND(E3="Australia";I3="New Caledonia");'Exchange rates'!M2,""))

WaterGypsy

Try this instead:

=IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="Canada"),'Exchange rates'!E2, IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="New Caledonia"),'Exchange rates'!M2))

changes are: semi-colons to commas and dropped the ) before the 2nd IF .... I dont' know if thats what you need but it is accepted by Excel now

milesUK

I think it's the way you may be nesting your IF's. Are semi-colons valid?

Try:

=IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="Canada"),'Exchange rates'!E2,IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="New Caledonia"),'Exchange rates'!M2,""))

BokiB

Tried that one, but it states that the formula contains an error

xld

Banned
I think it's the way you may be nesting your IF's. Are semi-colons valid?

Try:

=IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="Canada"),'Exchange rates'!E2,IF(AND(E3="Australia",I3="New Caledonia"),'Exchange rates'!M2,""))
Yes - in continental versions.

BokiB

Try me offering.
What does this exactly mean?

And I don't think it's because of the semicolons, because I have another formula which works just fine:

=IF(E3="Australia";LOOKUP(G10;'Ranges Australia'!B2:B25;'Ranges Australia'!D2:D25);IF(E3="Austria";LOOKUP(G10;'Ranges Austria'!B2:B25;'Ranges Austria'!D2:D25);IF(E3="China";LOOKUP(G10;'Ranges China'!B2:B25;'Ranges China'!D2:D25);IF(E3="France";LOOKUP(G10;'Ranges France'!B2:B25;'Ranges France'!D2:D25);etc etc etc

xld

Banned
I mean try the solution that I offered earlier.

It is definitely not the semi-colons, and I didn't replace them in my solution.

BokiB

xld, it works fine now, thanks!

Do you know what the maximum nr of IF statements in a formula is?

I would like to expand this formula to 33 combinations (33 IF statements)

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OptimalKR

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...