Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I am trying to freeze panes on a large spreadsheet - Excel 2010
I am currently trying to freeze Columns A - J
and rows 1 - 188
when I select freeze panes (as per numerous videos/instructions I have found) and include it down to row 188 it still only freezes top 13 rows (all columns selected freeze though)
How can i get it to freeze ALL the rows?
There are no merged cells etc.

Welcome to the MrExcel board!

We can't really see that. What we can see is a dotted line there when normally a frozen pane is shown with a solid line. We can also see a similar dotted line above row 1 and you cannot have two horizontal frozen positions.

IF your sheet is frozen at row 13 then if you click the down arrow at the bottom of the right scroll bar rows 1:13 will still be visible but row 14 will disappear like below. Does that happen on your sheet?

View attachment 4506

With your sheet as shown in your first image, can you run this macro & report the result?
To implement ..
1. With your workbook active press Alt+F11 to bring up the vba window.
2. In the Visual Basic window use the menu to Insert|Module
3. Copy and Paste the code below into the main right hand pane that opens at step 2.
4. Close the Visual Basic window.
5. Press Alt+F8 to bring up the Macro dialog
6. Select the macro & click ‘Run’

VBA Code:
Sub test()
  MsgBox "Visible Frozen rows: " & ActiveWindow.Panes(1).VisibleRange.EntireRow.Address
End Sub
and again showing when i scroll they move under row 13 -

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
when I select ... and include it down to row 188 it still only freezes top 13 rows
OK, on re-reading I think this may be the problem. When freezing rows (or columns) you do not select the rows/columns you want frozen. The active cell must be the cell below and to the right of your 'freeze point'.

Michael asked
Did you select Cell J188 THEN choose Freeze ??
He didn't ask "Did you select from A1 down to J188?

So try this

- unfreeze
- scroll down across so that column A is visible (if you want that column visible after the freeze panes) and as many rows as you want visible above row 188 are visible (they cannot all be visible) and select the single cell K189 (the below/right of what you want frozen)
- freeze panes

If you originally selected A1:J188 as I suspect before freezing, Excel will apply the freeze panes around about the centre of the visible range - which is what your screen shots appear to be showing.

Upvote 0
OK, on re-reading I think this may be the problem. When freezing rows (or columns) you do not select the rows/columns you want frozen. The active cell must be the cell below and to the right of your 'freeze point'.

Michael asked
He didn't ask "Did you select from A1 down to J188?

So try this

- unfreeze
- scroll down across so that column A is visible (if you want that column visible after the freeze panes) and as many rows as you want visible above row 188 are visible (they cannot all be visible) and select the single cell K189 (the below/right of what you want frozen)
- freeze panes

If you originally selected A1:J188 as I suspect before freezing, Excel will apply the freeze panes around about the centre of the visible range - which is what your screen shots appear to be showing.

thanks have tried that - i am choosing J189 as that is the column/row to the bottom right of cells I want frozen
which are colums (A-I) and rows (1-188)

still doing the same thing. (rows only freeze to Line 13) and everything below scrolls up up under line 13 including columns J onwards......

maybe I'll just move my inventory to top 13 lines and my calculations to below row 14.

Upvote 0
It may be possible that your workbook is corrupted. Close it and open a fresh workbook with nothing it it. Scroll down and select J189 and freeze panes. What happens in that workbook?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back