Cannot Type/Drag/Paste Formula in Cell

Zummybear

I am trying to count Os and Xs from a calibration. I have a spreadsheet that we have been using for years with the included formulas in the provided Snip-it. However, I noticed that not all of them were formulas. I think someone entered in a number instead of letting it calculate (must have been unlocked). When I tried to drag the formula to the adjacent cell, it pops up breifly and then reverts directly back to a number (I have selected that my formulas be shown) and of course the number is not even correct. Even if I type out the formula by hand, it reverts back to the number you see in the cell outlined in green. My cells are all set to General not Text.

I am at a loss. Any one have an idea as to what is happening?

Thanks,
Dan

1601382120227.png

Attachments

• 1601381620246.png
    1601381620246.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 1

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B21:J49,B53:J71,B75:J90,B94:J111,B118:J125")) Is Nothing Then
Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I created this so long ago, I don't even remember what I put this in there for. I am a robber and a thief when it comes to VB. I do not know VB so I look up what I need and copy and paste. Maybe I am making everything uppper case???

Upvote 0
When you dragged the formulas across ,the worksheet change event kicked in, changing the formulas into values if those cells are within the target ranges. Possibly B75:J94

Upvote 0
Brilliant!!! That was it. There were rows that were deleted and it changed my range. Once I reset the ranges, it worked perfectly. Thanks Dave for taking the time to help me out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back