Can't find the Date and Time Picker in Excel 2013...

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I just installed Office 2013 Pro. In my Office 2010 Additional Controls toolbox, the control toolbox has a Date and Time Picker(DTPicker1) . I cannot find it in the Additional Controls toolbox in Excel 2013. I certainly hope they did not choose to not make it available in Excel 2013 - this is an extremely important control for my Excel spreadsheets as it allows inputting a date range on a userform with DTPicker1 and DTPicker2 and generating reports using VBA in conjunction with Autofiltering code on a Generate Report button.

Can someone help me on this ?

Thanks

cr
email car1946@gmail.com

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi Andrew - exactly correct - it's not listed in the 2013 Additional controls list where the square check boxes are. It's location on my old computer with Office 2010 on it is

Location C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it, not that it makes any difference, and Office 2013 is on this new computer

Please help if you can,

thanks,

cr

Upvote 0

Just one more question - what location would I download it to. It is asking to Save or Save As. Would extracting it to any location make a difference ? It's location on my old computer is
Location C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx. The new computer has this path up to the SYSWOWW64 folder, but there are no files in this folder, just more folders. Can I download it as a single file at the bottom of the other folders in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ?

Thanks for all your help.

cr

Upvote 0

Hi Andrew - well, I'm a little frustrated right now - I followed the directions exactly on the above link on installing the mscomct2.ocx file from .cab file and every time I tried to extract the .ocx file from the .cab file and save it in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder like it said to do, on the new Office 365 2013 Excel, I keep getting an "Access is Denied" dialog box. I have the trial version of Excel 2013(don't know if that has a bearing on why I can't save it in that folder). I did some Internet checking on Access Denied in Excel and one solution said to check the Permissions settings for that folder. I did and put "Allow" for every checkbox option, and it still would not allow me to save the .ocx file in that SysWOW64 folder.

Any further help will be much appreciated

Thanks again,

cr

Upvote 0
Do you mean that you couldn't copy the ocx to SysWOW64? Did you try that as Administrator?

Success ! - Andrew, thank you so much...when I logged in as Administrator and followed your instructions, it pasted the file in and I registered it from the command prompt - it is now appearing in the Additional Controls list...

Thank you again, for all your help over these many years of helping me refine this Excel application.

cr

Kingwood, Tx

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back