Can't format cells to Currency

JOEY29842

Hello Everyone,
After searching this for hours to find a solution I'm forced to ask for some help. I know this has been covered many times but as an Excel Newbie the solutions either didnt work or was too complicated for me to try. So, That being said, I changed 2 PDF document to an HTML so that I could copy and paste the data into excel. The problem I am having is formating the cells to currency. There are no formulas in the data that i want to format. Where do I start..What info do you need to help me troubleshoot? Thanks in advance. Joey

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi Joey,

I think pasted numbers into excel have text format. To change text to number enter this formula:
Code:
=VALUE(A1)

Upvote 0
I get an error when I try that.
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 69pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=92 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 69pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3364" width=92><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 69pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8" class=xl24 height=17 width=92 align=middle x:err="#VALUE!">#VALUE!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
I tried this as suggested by another person
=ISTEXT(C43) and it returns a true statement for some and a false statement for others. I tried copying the number 1 from another cell then pasting special (multiply) and that didnt work either.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back