Can't get rid of validation scroll button

nebbish

I have a spread sheet wherein I had some fields with a pull down list. There were around 20 cells that had this validation set up. As you click on the cell the pull down button would appear on the side and you could select from the list.

Later, I decided to have the people type in the information into the cells and removed the validation from the cells. All was well, except it seems that in two of the cells the little pull down icon remains visible all the time. In all the other cells the pull down thingy has disappeared when I removed validation. I've done everything I can think of to get rid of them. Protection is off, no validation set, I've cleared all in validation, I've cleared the individual cells...I can't get rid of the little pull down tabs.

Can anyone out there tell me what is up?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi nebbish,
in two of the cells the little pull down icon remains visible all the time
are you maybe using Data filters? (menu ->Data ->Filter; check to see if "Automatic filter" is on; if on, click to remove it.

Also, what appears when you click on the pull down button? And if you select one of those cells and try Data ->Validation, does it seem that a validation is already set?

Bye,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back