Can't Get Rid of Very Large Footer Text

masouder

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I built a model for a client that they use to manage projects - one copy of the model for each project. On the model for one of the projects a very large center footer mysteriously appeared. The client did nothing to add the footer. The text is 409 point, and looks like a watermark in the lower third of the printed page because the text is so large. I attempted to remove the footer, which in and of itself is a challenge because the text so large that I cannot even see the text on the Header/Footer tab on in Page Setup. Even when I am able to finally delete it, it just reappears. I also tried to remove it via code, to no avail. I tried to replace the text with smaller text just to see if I could get rid of the large text. That did not work either: the large footer text and the small footer text remained. See the image below.

I'm pulling my hair out on this. Has anyone seen anything like this in the past and/or know how to deal with it?

Any help is appreciated.

malleer
Footer.png

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
You may be way past this point but did you try hitting Ctrl+A when you are in the footer box and then delete

Upvote 0
I jsut tred that but it did not work. I was able to delete the last center in the preview, but when I printed the entire word printed.

Upvote 0
You definitely don't have any macro's in the workbook?

Upvote 0
Since you did mention trying to remove it using VBA and following on from Mark's comment, is it an XLSM or XLSB workbook ?
Have you tried going into the VBA editor and Ctrl+F (find) > Current Project > Pacific (look for the work Pacific in the VBA code) ?
Is it impacting every Worksheet in the workbook ?
Is it always the word Pacific and always centered ?

Troubleshooting wise I don't think the statement "the large footer text and the small footer text remained" is correct. Assuming that you entered text into all 3 positions Left, Right & Center, I think its overwritten your center text, which would suggest a macro running.

Try the Find first.
Most likely is there is at least a Workbook_BeforePrint macro in ThisWorbook VBA object. (double click on ThisWorkbook in the VBA Project window)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back