can't open excel 2007 file on my system?

Premanshu

Board Regular
Hi,

I have office 2003 on my system and one of my customer has sent me an excel file which was originally created in excel 2007. When i double click on the file istead of opening it pops up a msgbox saying the file was created in a different version of excel which is not compatible....

I tried getting this file opend on one of my colleagues system and when he doubled clicked the excel application launched and a pop-up appeared saying file conversion in progress and in a few seconds it opened the file.

Please advice me why this is not working on my system when we both (me and my colleague) has the same version of excel on our systems.

Please help as i do not want to go somewhere else every time when i receive any file from outside.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Premanshu.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi stulux

thanks for the reply first :)>

but my colleague has'nt ever downloaded anything from anywhere but he still has this feature in his excel..... the company I work for has a very high it security standards.... and we cannot access to any website which is not related to our work.

can you please suggest any other solution if there is any..... I hope there must be... else how it works on my colleagues...

please help

Regards,
Premanshu.

Upvote 0
Hi stulux

thanks for the reply first :)>

but my colleague has'nt ever downloaded anything from anywhere but he still has this feature in his excel..... the company I work for has a very high it security standards.... and we cannot access to any website which is not related to our work.

can you please suggest any other solution if there is any..... I hope there must be... else how it works on my colleagues...

please help

Regards,
Premanshu.
It *might* be possible that the "2007 compatibility kit" or whatever it is called could be included in Windows Update download or similar. Possibly a new Service Pack for the older Office version. Either way though, that's what has been downloaded or installed. It just won't work by itself for no reason at all! ;)

You could try and run Windows/Microsoft Update it might be available through it. Either way go talk to the IT people and make them do it for you. They are underworked I'm sure.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back