Can't select or delete rows!

Shellyisme

Please help! My spreadsheet is working great except for this: suddenly I have two rows at the top that are grey. I can't select them to delete them and I want them gone! What do I do?

Shelly

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi,

Are they protected? Check if protection is on the spreadsheet.............On Excel 2010 click on Review and then you will see either "PROTECT SHEET" and "PROTECT WORKBOOK" or they will say UNPROTECT (In which case protection is on)

It will likely be that somebody has locked these two rows to prevent editing/deletion.

Can you move the cursor into these two rows using the arrow keys? or does the cursor jump to the bottom of the data as soon as you try?

If you take off the protection this will allow you to delete them...........However, it is likely that there will be a password on the file............

Let me know if this helps...........If not we can explore other options.

Regards,
Chris

Upvote 0
118641771405744949_Pjb2tg52.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my workbook page. The two rows aren't protected as far as I can tell. I can't seem to click on either of the top two grey rows directly or with arrow keys. My cursor just stays on the regular row one and wont' go up.
Please help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back