Cant use [alt] + Pg up or pg dn on protected sheet

slimimi

Hi there - is there a code to still allow me to move between sheet tabs by using [alt] pg up or [alt] pg dn on a protected sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Selecting them doesn't allow the users to change them! They are still locked!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I know - but i done it this way because it makes it easier for the user to see where they need to enter data (as they are tabbing along the sheet cells).

Upvote 0
Hi slimimi:

If you just Protect your sheet the Normal Way if the Users use their TAB key it Automatically will take them to the Next Unprotected cell. Maybe I am missing something here?

Take Care,
Mark

Upvote 0
You can also use styles to highlight the unprotected cells to make them clearer.

Upvote 0
...If you just Protect your sheet the Normal Way if the Users use their TAB key it Automatically will take them to the Next Unprotected cell...

Dang! How come I never knew that? I always thought you had to disallow selecting protected cells before that would happen.

@ Rory -- don't recall seeing that sig last time I rode a thread with you -- but I like it.

Upvote 0
Hi Greg:

For the record if the user uses the Arrow Keys or Return then they can still move to the Protected cells. I personally put a Data Validation in a cell at the beginning Text Length between 0 and 0 that simply states:

Welcome:

The EASIEST way to Navigate this form is to use

TAB

to move from one cell to the next. Hit TAB to begin...

Until I read this Post I was not aware of the other feature in Excel (removing the check mark from Select Locked Cells) that would allow the users to move only to Unprotected cells regardless of their keyboard navigation.

I wonder if there is anyone associated with Microsoft or otherwise that actually knows ALL the features of this program :LOL: ???

Have a GREAT day,
Mark :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Greg,
:)
I came across it in a copy of VSTO for Mere Mortals and it struck a chord with me for some reason...

Upvote 0
...I came across it in a copy of VSTO for Mere Mortals...

I've heard that book mentioned elsewhere. At some point I may attempt to dally in .NET / VSTO. Would you recommend VSTO for Mere Mortals as a good primer for making the jump from VBA?

Upvote 0
Definitely! It's aimed squarely at VBA developers making the transition to VSTO (so it concentrates on VB not C# for example).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back