Cant use [alt] + Pg up or pg dn on protected sheet

slimimi

Hi there - is there a code to still allow me to move between sheet tabs by using [alt] pg up or [alt] pg dn on a protected sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi slimimi:

In my little experiment here it seems that the problem may be that you should use Ctrl and not Alt

When i use Alt and Page Down it remains on the sheet and SCROLLS RIGHT when I use Alt and Page Up it remains on the same sheet and SCROLLS LEFT

When i use Ctrl and Page Down I jump RIGHT to the NEXT TAB (sheet) when I use Ctrl and Page Up I jump LEFT to the NEXT TAB (sheet).

Both of the above functions (Alt and Ctrl) work the same on a Protected sheet as well.

Let me know if this solves your problem. Also THANKS for the tip as I was not aware of these Excel Features until reading your post...

Take Care,
Mark :)

Upvote 0
Hi Mister H. My apologies - i actually meant CTRL + pg up/pg dn.
Sorry for the confusion

On my protected sheet i cant tab through the sheets using CTRL + pg up/pg dn.

Just wondering if there was a workaround for this.
All the best

Upvote 0
I cannot replicate that? If I protect the sheet or even the workbook structure for that matter I can still use CTRL + pg up/dn? Is there any code preventing you from activating another sheet?

Upvote 0
If you don't allow selection of locked cells, then the Ctrl+PgUp/Dn won't work. If you do, it will.
Edit: more accurately, it will move between sheets until you hit one that is protected with the Select Locked Cells option unchecked. Then the shortcut keys stop behaving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok that makes sense. For my sheet i am not allowing users to select locked cells.
Oh dear.
Is there a workaround?
I want to keep cells locked.

Upvote 0
Hi slimimi:

I was just wondering what it is that you are trying to prevent the Users form doing? I just Protect my sheets using the standard protection (default options) and the integrity of my original sheet stays intact. I also set it up as Read Only so that if the User figures out how to mess up my sheet they mess up their own copy and not the original. Anyway, give a little more detail and I am sure someone can assist...

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">Best of luck...</o:lock></v:shapetype>
<v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">Mark :biggrin:</o:lock></v:shapetype>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May I ask why you do not want them selecting locked cells? You may be able to use some VBA approach?

Upvote 0
Hi there - of course you can ask :) he he
Thanks schielrn.

All the locked cells are formula cells so i dont want the user to accidentally write over them otherwise it will mess up the whole sheet.

Upvote 0
Hi slimimi:

If you Protect your sheet with the Default protection (keep the check marks in) you should still get the same result that being that the Users can NOT change or Delete your formulas.

Take Care,
Mark :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back