Capture and display the cell number being double click as a History record

EvelynLu

Hi All expert,

Can I check with you.. As I have a Tools booking system. However, notice, people book already and then unbook later.
So I want to track who double click the cell to unbook. How? I intend to record down the action that the user did in the form. Now I can record down the user name and date when people access the form but there is no record to see what cell they have double click. Hence, wonder how can I capture the cell number that they have double click on using VBA under sub routine Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

To record the history for user name and date, here is my code.
Cells(3, 9).Select
Do While ActiveCell.Value <> ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Loop

ActiveCell.Value = Now
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
ActiveCell.Value = Application.UserName
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Cells(3, 9).Select
'-----------------------

Any advise how can I add in one more line in above script to record down the cell number being double click? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jmacleary

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You can access the address of the clicked cell with 'Target.Address'. This returns an address such as $A$3. So you would want something like: ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value=Target.Address

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damntheman30

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...