Carriage Return or Line Break or ALT+Enter in Cell problem

zubair99

Why Carriage Return or Line Break or ALT+Enter adding automatically in every excel cell ?
is it a virus or corrupted excel software because I did not put anything its auto adding in every cell ?
I have reinstall office 2013 many times and windows 7 also but same problem every time.
please help thanks.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Is it happening in just 1 workbook, in some workbooks, or in all workbooks?

Having 'Wrap text' enabled is the only reason that is should happen.

Upvote 0
I have uninstall and reinstall full software its happening in all workbook new or old.
Wrap Text working good and not solve this issue

Upvote 0
If it was any kind of corruption then even if reinstalling excel didn't work, it would have been cleared when you reinstalled windows, that is assuming that you did a full clean installation rather than a repair attempt.

Eliminating the unlikely before continuing, is sticky keys on? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_keys

Have you installed any excel add-ins? If so, try disabling them, does the problem still occur?

Is it happening when you type data into your sheet, when you copy and paste from another sheet, when you copy and waste web data, copy and paste from another source? If so, what is that source?

Data that you copy and paste will usually retain the source formatting, how much of it is retained depends on the source and how excel interprets that formatting.

Upvote 0
I have installed windows 7 several times.
data copied from pcloud image hosting there are only url not formatting anything from hosting website.

Upvote 0
data copied from pcloud image hosting there are only url not formatting anything from hosting website.
Are you copying the url from the webpage in the same way that you would copy any other text, by dragging over it then copying?
Are you copying from the address bar in your browser?
Are you right clicking a link, then choosing 'copy url' from the context menu?

The first method above will copy any formatting on the page, depending on settings that formatting might not be visible in the browser.

You will most likely find that when you paste to excel, that you are pasting an unseen 'wrap text' with it. Using PasteSpecial instead of regular paste might help, but I find it to be a bit unpredictable with web data.

Upvote 0
When you say the data is auto-added, what does that mean?
Also if A1 is an offending cell, if you put =CODE(MID($A$1, COLUMN(A1), 1) in a cell and drag right, do some of the cells return 10 or 13?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back