Carrying over total for only one month

Bikerb

Hi,

I have set up a workbook to record flexi-time earned and taken. Any outstanding earned flexi-time can be carried over to the next month, but only for one month, so if you have a balance of, say, one hour that you earned in January, you can use it in February, but if it's still outstanding at the end of February, it is lost. Does anyone know the formula I would need to incorporate into (possibly) the 'carried over' cell to accommodate this? Thank you.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Are carried over hours from each month in a different column? I.E. -| Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | etc?

Or even better yet, at the bottom of this post in my signature is a link to an addin that you can use to post your worksheet (not the file, just whatever you highlight) to this board, then we can see what you're looking at.

If you post the original, and then post what you expect to see out of this formula, even if you have to put it in manually for now, that would be a huge help.

To use the addin after it's loaded, you simply select all the cells you want to post here (I usually put borders around them all, but it's not required), right click and at the bottom you will see your choices (show all formulas, show one formula, etc.)...click what you want and at that point it is "copied" and ready to paste into your message here...it will look like this when posted (not in the post editor, but after you post it...in the editor it looks like a bunch of gibberish :) ...html code). Anyhow, looks like this when posted:

Excel 2013/2016
ABC
1BikerBHi BikerBHi BikerB
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C1=B1

Upvote 0
Hi jproffer, Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I am not able to undertake downloads to the computer I am using. I did, however, after much more head-scratching, manage to create a formula that seems to work by using (for example, in June) the total of May's hours as the 'carried over' figure, minus the cell containing April's carried over figure appearing in May. I apologise if this makes no sense (I'm a forum newbie). If my calculation does not, in fact, work, I should be able to download your add-in at a later date on a different computer to provide more info. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
It's not my add-in :) . The site owners built that, I presume. At any rate, I'm glad you figured out how to make it work...I couldn't visualize what you were after.

The file it leads you to is a zip file with one excel (Xla) file inside...but I understand how work can be about things like that...even when you're trying to do something that will benefit THEM :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back