Cars Log

nf24eg

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I handle the follow up of about 350 cars for their maintenance and accidents.
I try to make an excel file that will have a sheet for each car that includes it's details (Model, Type, Year, Insurance, Driver name, etc ... ) , accident history by dates, description, fees and the status
on the other hand, I would like to have a report (sheet) that shows all together.

what I made :
index sheet includes all cars numbers that have accidents, using a VBA code that whenever I create a new sheet (by can number) it automatically record in the Index
then I have no more ideas how to continue record the data to get the report
P.S: I tried Pivot table consolidate but it's not practical to choose data from 200 sheet one by one ... any ideas ?
Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I would have the non changing vehicle details on a single sheet, from VRM, then use that as a lookup, your driver might change so that should be part of a drop down, then the event, RTC, service etc as a drop down, and a column for the date, you could pivot from that reference sheet then

Upvote 0
do you mean to make a single sheet for each car detail or all cars details in one sheet ?
and regarding recording the accidents (should be by date), will in separate sheet for each car or how ?

Upvote 0
all cars on one sheet as that never changes, and you could put a million there

the collisions, could be by VRM on a single sheet, unless you are wanting pages of information that could be used to review a paper file or even better something held in onenote

Upvote 0
will try this idea :) and then feedback
thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back