Case note presentation

chris-in-cal

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I would like suggestions on how to present case notes.

I have been given an excel worksheet with about 50 records on it. There are 50 clients who are referred from one group of people "OG counselors," to a second group of people "Support workers."
Every month the support works copy all of their text support notes for the month into a cell. Then after updating the worksheet with all the months text case notes they email it to me.
The spreadsheet is practically unreadable/unusable and the feedback I get is that the counselors do not even attempt to sift through it.

1) I don't want to ask the 'support workers' to do anything different, just keep sending their excel worksheet.
2) I am trying to learn how I can use excel to present the notes in an easy way to the counselors
3) I am considering that Access might be the tool I have to use, by feeding the monthly worksheet into it, but I have very little Access experience.

Suggestions?

OG counselorSupport workerClienttext notes
Sally counselor JonesRogerJohn client DoeThis is a very long case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell.
Susan counselor SmithSamJane client WongAnother very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell.
Alice counselor WilliamsRogerJack client HarrisBlah blah blah.....Another very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell. Another very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell.Another very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell.Another very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell.Another very long and different case note containing several hundred characters that is copied from some other platform into this cell. Blah blah blah....

chris don't post a master wb as that won't be to hard to make and we don't have the code for it yet. Need a sample data wb posted to test code on. Dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi chris. I pretty much have a working code for U. Just need to know if U are operating from a pc with a "C" drive or are you on a networked location? If U could post a wb with dummy data in actual format I will test the data and then repost the wb with the code. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back