Cash allocation formula needed please!!

fleeboing

Hi!!

I work from my Customer Ledger on Excel. It's got the account numbers in ColumnA and the aging going from left to right in monthly brackets up to +240 days.When allocating the cash in for, say, yesterday I create a new column on the farright and vlook it up against each account number which then shows all cashcoming in against each account.

Now, what I really need to do is after I get my cash column I'd like to have a formulathat allocates this cash against each transaction into the aging bracket from oldestto newest i.e. from right to left.

Currently I'm going to each row where there is cash in and allocating itagainst each transaction until the payment is fully allocated.

If there was a formula, which I'm sure there must be, it would save me plentyof valuable time :) <o:p></o:p>

Cust. No.<o:p></o:p>
Total<o:p></o:p>
0 <= No. Days < 30<o:p></o:p>
Cash<o:p></o:p>
30 <= No. Days < 60<o:p></o:p>
60 <= No. Days < 90<o:p></o:p>
90 <= No. Days < 120<o:p></o:p>
120 <= No. Days < 150<o:p></o:p>
150 <= No. Days < 180<o:p></o:p>
180 <= No. Days < 210<o:p></o:p>
210 <= No. Days < 240<o:p></o:p>
No. Days >=240<o:p></o:p>
Cash To 10/07/15<o:p></o:p>
123456<o:p></o:p>
147.30<o:p></o:p>
-<o:p></o:p>
12.7<o:p></o:p>
25.45<o:p></o:p>
25.45<o:p></o:p>
121.85<o:p></o:p>
121.85<o:p></o:p>
-160.00<o:p></o:p>
123457<o:p></o:p>
140.55<o:p></o:p>
25.12<o:p></o:p>
88.97<o:p></o:p>
43.54<o:p></o:p>
26.46<o:p></o:p>
26.46<o:p></o:p>
-70.00<o:p></o:p>
<tbody> </tbody>

I input the cash manually calculating what is remaining from each payment in.
Where a customer has overpaid it is then input to the 0-30 Days.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any help in advance.

Kind regards

Alan
<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
You really need to elaborate on how you allocate cash against each transaction with clear, illustrated examples for a couple of Customer Nos.

More details is needed, otherwise how can we formulate the logic & apply formula/code ?

Upvote 0
You really need to elaborate on how you allocate cash against each transaction with clear, illustrated examples for a couple of Customer Nos.

More details is needed, otherwise how can we formulate the logic & apply formula/code ?

Thanks for the response! Sorry About that. I would have attached an image or screenshot with more illustration / detail but It says I can't in the posting permissions.

Any way I've tried to explain myself a bit better below:

Cust. No.Total0 <= No. Days < 30Cash30 <= No. Days < 60Cash60 <= No. Days < 90Cash90 <= No. Days < 120Cash120 <= No. Days < 150Cash150 <= No. Days < 180Cash180 <= No. Days < 210Cash210 <= No. Days < 240CashNo. Days >=240CashCash To 10/07/15
123456147.3-12.7- 25.4525.45121.85121.85- - - - - -160
123457140.55- 25.12 88.9743.54- 26.4626.46- - - - -70
This is the remaining amount from the €70 payment that was received.This is the Invoice sayThen I manually input the amounts off against the invoice / transaction I pull my Cash in here through a vlook up from a different sheet.

<colgroup><col style="width: 48pt;" span="21" width="64"> <tbody>
</tbody>
I'm guessing but I need a formula in each of the cells in the Cash columns that is looking for payments on the Cash Column on far right and offsets it against any trasaction in the aging columns oldest to newest. The calculation should stop once the payment value has been fully used.

Where the customer has overpaid their account any credit value is left in the 0-30 day column.

I understabnd if that's not clear enough, if not can you tell me how to attach a file and I can send on some screenshots?

Thanks again!

Alan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back