Cash Flow Analysis, trouble with assigning buttons, trouble all around.

Barqsman

[FONT=&quot]This is the first part of my assignment. I am about to go crazy because I cannot figure out how to do any of this. I know how to go to VBA and create the subroutine, but after that i'm pretty much lost. Anyone have any ideas. I am extremely desperate! I just need something to look at to learn from. I can't just read notes and understand what is being talked about. I know my teacher wants us to use "do, while" and "do until " statements. Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Barqsman[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Assignement:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Create a subroutine called “NetPresentValue.” This subroutine calculates the Net Present Value of a cash flow. <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Allow the user to input the expected profits for each year for the next 10 years, as well as the expected interest rate. Ensure that the user is entering numerical values. Store these values on a spreadsheet called “UserInput.” Test the subroutine by calculating the Net Present Value.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]b. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Create a button titled “Net Present Value.” Assign the subroutine to this button. On the click of the button have the Net Present Value calculated is displayed in a cell of the “Analyses” spreadsheet. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I'm not real sure how this board works, does it take a while for results are do people read these alot?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

I think one reason for the lack of response is the fact that this is homework, which no one here is going to do for you. We will however, do everything we can to point you in the right direction(s).

You're much more likely to get help if you first detail what you've done/tried so far.

For starters if you're not familiar with how to calculate Net Present Value, I'd check it out in the helpfile. I'd start with setting up a worksheet as described in section a. and see if you can accurately arrive at NPV via formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcolwell16

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back