Cell Blocking Errors

Andy Pilkington

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Two similar "errors" have recently begun to occur simultaneously relating to blocking of cells.

1 When multiple cells are blocked on any worksheet and I temporarily moves to another worksheet and then return to the original worksheet the blocked text ought to, and used to, remain blocked. However, now when I return to the original worksheet only the top left cell of the block is selected.

2 When use the "goto" function F5 and type in a cell range name, or if I use the drop down option in the Formula bar, to go to a named range of cells on another worksheet I ought to, and used to, be taken the blocked cells in the range name. However, now I am only taken to the top left cell of the range.

The trigger for this may be a "plugin" from another software which was part of an upgrade on that software. How this works I am not clever enough to know but it does give me a new and separate TAB on the Excel menu in the ribon.

I have since removed the software with the plugin and loaded the older version but the plugin tab remains and although I can identify it in the Add-in section in Options I can't delete or disable it. I have attached a couple of images to show what I mean.

Any ideas on how to overcome any of the above please?

Thanks,
AP

Attachments

• Excel Add-ons 2.jpg
    Excel Add-ons 2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Excel Add-ons.jpg
    Excel Add-ons.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
In your second screenshot's dialog, click the drop-down next to the Manage button and choose COM add-ins. Then click Manage. Uncheck the ones which are checked one-by-one (each time closing the Options dialog) and try if your goto button now works as expected again. If it does you've just found the offending tool.

Upvote 0
In your second screenshot's dialog, click the drop-down next to the Manage button and choose COM add-ins. Then click Manage. Uncheck the ones which are checked one-by-one (each time closing the Options dialog) and try if your goto button now works as expected again. If it does you've just found the offending tool.
Great, I'll give it a go. Thank you again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back