Cell contents will not stay Deleted/Cleared of Data

jason061872

I am creating a spreadsheet where I am averaging numbers acrosscolumns B through K. An example of theformula is:
(row 23) =IFERROR(AVERAGE(B23:K23),"0") **Formula created in column L**
(row 24) =IFERROR(AVERAGE(B24:K24),”0”) **Formula created in column O**
This formula repeats from row 7 through row 122, with theresults appearing in different columns depending upon category. For example, row 23 refers to the ability tofollow process, row 24 deals with the ability to navigate. All following process skills are compiled inColumn L, all navigation skills are compiled in Column O, etc., for each of 8different skills
When I created the spreadsheet, I purposefully did notdrag the formulas from row 7 all the way to row 122 for each column because Iwanted the results of each row to appear only in the specific column I intended. Again for clarity, if I intend the average toappear in column L, then columns M – S should be blank for that row. Likewise, if I intend the average for thenext row to appear in column O, then columns L, M, N and P – S should be blankfor that row.
All of this is to set up the problem. As I enter the numbers in columns B throughK, the averages are appearing in columns other than I intended. I have tried everyway I can think of to remove and keep information out of the cells I wantblank, but to no avail. Has anyone elseexperienced this problem and if so, how can I fix it?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back