Cell data disappears after scrolling the screen

eastermoai

Hi guys,

I have this excel file with 4000 or so rows. When i scroll the screen up and down data in some cells disappears. But when I click the cell the data shows up again. This happen if I click the cell with data validation pull down menu. But also for cells without pulldown menus. In these cells if I drag them or change the format they reappear. So the data is there but it fails to show. I also click ctrl+z sometimes, then all the value or text in the cells appear.

the file is running on excel 2007 with .xls compatibility mode. it seems it's refreshing problem, i.e. video card, etc. But the thing is the way the cells appears blank is in consistent. The portion appears like lego figures, i.e. random. FYI, there are two conditional formatting applied to the sheet. I disabled it but the problem persists.

I tried copying the entire sheet to a new book but the option is greyed out. There are atbalean.xla, etc installed and some macro form but password protected.

The way the problem manifest is random. Sometimes I can be scrolling up and down 20min incessantly till it happens.

I convert it to .xlsx and so far it seems the problem is gone but im not sure.

Any ideas or way to fix it?

Thanks guys.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
well, memory is not the issue. I take it that you also have a recent CPU. The only thing left is the video board.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back