Cell displays a string of apostrophes

Maike13

I have a sheet that contains a web link in one of the cells. For some reason that cell now displays a string of apostrophes instead of the link text. The link is still there as clicking on the cell takes me to the correct web page. What's going on and how do I get the text to display?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I have never seen anything like this for a hyperlink. It looks like the kind of thing that happens if you accidentally hold down one key. Do you have a cat? ;)

Right-click on the cell and select Edit Hyperlink near the bottom of the menu. In the pop-up window see what is in "Text to display". Edit to suit.

Upvote 0
Solution
I have never seen anything like this for a hyperlink. It looks like the kind of thing that happens if you accidentally hold down one key. Do you have a cat? ;)

Right-click on the cell and select Edit Hyperlink near the bottom of the menu. In the pop-up window see what is in "Text to display". Edit to suit.
Thanks. I knew I was missing something simple. That fixed it. No cat but we do have a small dog :)

Upvote 0
Easy to fix, but a total mystery as to how it happened in the first place.

All's well that ends well!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back