CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION

Suresh Kusunuri

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
My Cell Format is ""0.00" Cr". But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other programme. Now, I want to get the value from this cell to another cell based on “Cr” by using IF condition. But “Cr” is not appeared in the cell for applying formula. Can anybody help me?

Thanks
Suresh

If you use office 365 then filter option do recognize Custom formatting and we can filter out Dr and Cr

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
But the probelm with CSV file is when it is saved it removes all the formula and Additional sheet.

You are saving it as a CSV file first, changing it to text and reopening it. Once it is reopened then you save it as an Excel file as you have already changed the column to text so no reason to save it to CSV again.
It is a problem if they have other formula before the first save.

If you use office 365 then filter option do recognize Custom formatting and we can filter out Dr and Cr
Good option if the OP had 365 but their profile states they have 2007.

Upvote 0
You are saving it as a CSV file first, changing it to text and reopening it. Once it is reopened then you save it as an Excel file as you have already changed the column to text so no reason to save it to CSV again.

That is true but what happens is that there are numerous Parent and sub ledgers. Parent ledgers are formatted in a particular manner and there are subtotal total etc etc. If we remove the formatting it will be very diffcult for the user to recognise parent and sub ledger. This type of report is generated by an accounting software. So what i do is i normally go with CSV file and paste the formated column and use it as helper.

Upvote 0
@CA_Punit If that is the case with the OP's data (nothing to tell me by what they posted that it is yet) then I think your method is going to be the only way around it with the OP's version using a formula solution.

Upvote 0
I have tried various other ways but this method is time-saving and user friendly.
Also i know the formatting details as i am also an user of the same accounting package.

Upvote 0
Yes... Mark.. Suffered a lot when i was a trainee almost 2-3 years back. I have done it manually for almost 1000-2000 entries

Upvote 0
@MARK858
Cr is short form of "Crore" that is 10 million.

Now I guess the person wants the value in Crores in a single cell while doing a billing or invoicing job.

That is best achieved by custom formatting I think.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back