cell formatting

randomjon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hey all,

I work for a fulfillment center and have to rates of very person in my area of ownership, to help them reach their productive goals. I am trying to create a sheet that will highlight everyone that's hitting under their rate but because there is a learning curve and not everyone has to meet the same rates I cannot simply do a less than greater than scenario. I need each persons rate expectation to be in line with their learning curve. for example: if sally joe is in her first week her learning curve is 60 units an hour, but joe bagah is week 2 he should be producing 67 units an hour, and so on a so for. I need a formula or way of formatting this to so that if sally joe hits above 60 but below 67 she wont show red but joe baggah would. the way I have the sheet set up is to list their learning curve next to their rate, so I need a way for the rate cells format to look at the adjacent cell and determine if it should be formatted.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Is it something like this? I did this with just conditional formatting.
1581613578295.png

Upvote 0
yes, something like that but I don't want to have to put in the low and high for each person, I can export everyones rates and learning curves all @ once, so I would like to make it easy peasy and have it be automated.

Upvote 0
How are you incorporating the learning curves? You would need some way to cross-reference their week of work with the curve. Is it in a seperate table somewhere? Perhaps you could send a screen shot of your data setup with some "dummy" data in place of it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back