Cell formula for adding a second list of products to the bottom of the first variable list

Peter Davison

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a list of products A35 to A300 on Sheet 1
I have a second list of products A35 to A50 on Sheet 2
I want to add the second list one by one to the bottom of the list on sheet 1, but the end of sheet 1 may be 300 or could be 303 or 306 etc.
Is there a cell formula that can achieve this?
I thought it might be an If with a count etc.

As always any help you can give would be great.
Thanks

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I want to add the second list one by one to the bottom of the list on sheet 1
How do you determine which ones to add to sheet 1?

What's your process like? Sheet 2 is imported data from somewhere else, then you choose which to add to Sheet 1?

You may need a VBA solution instead.

Upvote 0
Thanks for getting back to me.
How do you determine which ones to add to sheet 1? - What ever order the second list is in it is just to add to the bottom of the first list
What's your process like? Sheet 2 is imported data from somewhere else, then you choose which to add to Sheet 1? - It is just data created from formulas within the workbook

It basically just need to find the last forularised cell that has data (formularised cells without data have a "z" in them for other reasons) then add the second list to it (which always starts in the same cells and is also formularised

Hope the answers help
Thankyou.

Upvote 0
So if I understood correctly, you want to find the starting cell "without data" (i.e. showing "z") in Sheet 1, then place those formulas from Sheet 2 into there in Sheet 1?

Maybe I am missing something, it sounds like you don't need anything special, except to just copy the cells from Sheet 2, and paste into Sheet 1.
Does this happen very often? Are you trying to automate it?
It is just data created from formulas within the workbook
Maybe show the formulas you're working with, and possibly show what the result sheet you're trying to achieve looks like?

Upvote 0
The current list in Sheet 1 is 530 rows, but current data at anytime can be in any number of rows (e.g. 275 - rows 276 to 530 will have a "z" in them).
I just want to be able to show the list on sheet 2, which again will be variable and start it at row 276.

Hope this explains okay

Upvote 0
Understood slightly better now. Can you show your working formulas for both Sheets 1 and 2? Might be able to adapt something. Use XL2BB plugin to easily show it.

Upvote 0
I can show you below, but I had to remove XL2BB from my laptop because it was affecting a file that I had. (Not sure why). I think it might be because I have 4 workbooks all linking together.
I mentioned a "z" before I meant a "-" apologies
Formula for the first sheet is -
=IF($A35="-","-",VLOOKUP($A35,'C:\Cluster Insight\[Breakfast Foods Combined Raw Data.xlsm]Product Data'!$A$2:$AZ$500,2,FALSE))
Formula for the second sheet is -
=IFERROR(IF($A35="-","-",VLOOKUP($A35,'C:\Cluster Insight\[Breakfast Foods Combined Raw Data.xlsm]New Products'!$A:$Z,MATCH(B$34,'C:\Cluster Insight\[Breakfast Foods Combined Raw Data.xlsm]New Products'!$A$1:$Z$1,0),FALSE)),"")

The final list I want will be in a new third worksheet
Hope this is helpful.
and thank you for your patience.

Upvote 0
The final list I want will be in a new third worksheet
Is there already something set up on this third worksheet?

Anyhow, since you're using Office 365, I suggest looking into the FILTER function, which I think can do what you want.

Assuming the formulas are in column B, try using something like this on the third worksheet:
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(CHOOSE({1,2},Sheet1!B:B,Sheet2!B:B),CHOOSE({1,2},Sheet1!B:B,Sheet2!B:B)<>"-","")

I can't test this since I do not have 365.

Upvote 0
Okay thanks I will give this a test after my meetings today.
I really appreciate your time.

Upvote 0
I did try it but I couldn't get it to work, however I have managed a work around. Not exactly what I wanted but working okay.
Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back