Cell formula protection

Hunterbob

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an excel spreadsheet written in excel 2016. There are formulas that pull in data from other cells. =Left(CC6,2) The cell the formula is in is E6. When I unprotect the sheet I can change the formula in E6. Im looking to change the number characters from 2 to 5. I can make the change, reprotect the sheet and go to another sheet. Every time I come back to this sheet the formula has gone bach to 2 characters. If I delete the formula it also comes back. I have checked all the code and nothing is writing the formulas back into the cells. Im not sure how to change the formula and save the change? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi,
Have you checked your sheet module ...?

Probably, this specific formula is part of a coded instruction ...

Upvote 0
Have you also checked in the ThisWorkbook module?

Upvote 0
Go to your VB Editor, look for your workbook name in the Project Window and double click on ThisWorkbook (or right click and click view code).

1679180796878.png

I am assuming that you have looked at the worksheet code module as that was previously asked (if not double click the relevant sheet name [the name inside the brackets] in the same window)

Upvote 0
Go to your VB Editor, look for your workbook name in the Project Window and double click on ThisWorkbook (or right click and click view code).

View attachment 87803

I am assuming that you have looked at the worksheet code module as that was previously asked (if not double click the relevant sheet name [the name inside the brackets] in the same window)
No code in here either!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back