cell link

csgraves

Board Regular
Hi! Is it possible to have one cell linked to 12 different sheets? I need a cell to show a dollor amount depending on the month it is. So...if it is January and the dollar amount is $7.00, I need it to reflect $7.00, if it is February and the dollar amount is $13.00, I need it to reflect $13.00. The dollar amount can vary from month to month.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Assuming your tab names are named with the month spelled out with the complete name, and you didn't say which cell, I used A1 (change as appropriate):

=INDIRECT(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm")&"!A1")

Upvote 0
You can use INDIRECT:

=INDIRECT(A1&"!A1")

Where A1 houses the Month and "!A1" is the cell on each sheet that you're looking for.

HTH,

Smitty

Upvote 0
The cell name is b33 on a worksheet called blank-calc. You are correct in saying the tabs of each month are spelled out. They are on a worksheet called blank-bs. I need to have the dollar amount appear for the current month on the blank-calc worksheet. Again the cell for that value is b33.

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Upvote 0
Is B33 where the value is on the tab with the month name?
Just change the value in either of the formulas presented (whichever applies) from A1 to your cell address.

Upvote 0
cell

No, the b33 is on the blank-calc worksheet. The other worksheet has the month tabs.

Thanks!
Scott

Upvote 0
I thought you wanted to pull the value from the named month tabs. Is this correct? If so, what cell on the named sheet tabs do you want to pull the value from?

Or do you mean a workbook named blank-bs.xls? If so, will this workbook be open?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back