Cell phone bill analyisis

goonie79

I am hoping to see if it is possible to create a spreadsheet to compare cell phone costs on a monthly basis. The info I would like to input is minutes used, text used, overage minutes, overage texts, and even data packages. In the end I would like to create a graph that shows a rage of plans based on this criteria that shows where I stand and where the other plans stand. It would show yearly cost along side with yearly savings if there is any, and even compare cost of other carriers. I know this is a long shot, but it would be a great tool to compare my carrier along side with other carriers. Thanks for any info.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I am hoping to see if it is possible to create a spreadsheet to compare cell phone costs on a monthly basis. The info I would like to input is minutes used, text used, overage minutes, overage texts, and even data packages. In the end I would like to create a graph that shows a rage of plans based on this criteria that shows where I stand and where the other plans stand. It would show yearly cost along side with yearly savings if there is any, and even compare cost of other carriers. I know this is a long shot, but it would be a great tool to compare my carrier along side with other carriers. Thanks for any info.

Sorry I forgot to add that my family has four lines. Is it still possible to incorporate data from each phone number to distinguish the variables of each phone number? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This might help get you started in the right direction...

1) get plans from verizon site, sprint site, at&t site, etc.
2) put plan info into worksheet, or each company on their own worksheet
3) split data gathered from each into each's own plans(minutes, text, prices, etc.)
4) compare all of company's data and pull out best plans for each step
5) choose which plan you have
6) calculate your costs again the costs of the best plans for each step by company

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back